libcurl3 issues
Tofloor
poster avatar
nataraj03
deepin
2018-08-28 22:32
Author
Hi,
I'm a web developer. I did a fresh installation of 15.7 and facing lots of problem because of libcurl3. If I install libcurl3 I'm not able to use Apache. If I don't use libcurl3 I'm not able to use php-curl, mysql-workbench, php-mcrypt. This is also causing lots of problems with other softwares too. Please fix it asap.

Thanks in advance.
Nataraj
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
weverton
deepin
2018-08-29 10:36
Hi,

The 15.7 upgrade uninstalled many essentials softwares to Deepin running, including the DDE on my machine.

I had this problem with libcurl3 too. I don't have a solution using only the Deepin official repository, but I solved this problem downloading the problematic softwares via Debian Sid repository.

I followed the step 1 of this tutorial to add the Debian repository: https://bbs.deepin.org/post/130778

After add the Debian repository, You can do run in terminal the 'sudo apt-get update' and try retry install of the apache, php-curl, mysql-workbench and php-mcrypt.

After installing the software, I recommend that you remove the Debian repository and run the 'sudo apt-get update' command again on the terminal.

I do not recommend you do any system upgrades when using the Debian repository, in the past I had to reinstall Deepin due to system crashes.
Reply View the author
danygee
deepin
2018-08-30 22:32
U can try to simply change the mirror in update settings.
Reply View the author
nataraj03
deepin
2018-08-31 10:37
Edited by nataraj03 at 2018-8-31 02:40

@weverton: Thanks, that helped a little, in installing the mysql-workbench, but the problem with libcurl remained same. So I installed libcurl3 1st and saved the library files libcurl.so.3 and libcurl.so.4.5.0 from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ and then installed libcurl4 and replace these files. and everything started working.

Yesterday,  I did a clean install of the OS 15.7 again and installed libcurl3 first, followed by apache, mysql and php7.1, everything works fine now. May be the problem was fixed.
Reply View the author