Nvidia Closed Source Drivers - Won't Install, I Need Help
Tofloor
poster avatar
frank_m
deepin
2018-06-27 08:39
Author
SO I have recently installed Deepin 15.6 onto my desktop system and overall I am having far less isues than I have previously had In the past, however one issue I am having and one that bothers me due to lacking performance from my GPU is that for some reason whenever I try to install the Nvidia Closed source drivers it fails, I am using a Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB GPU, If anybody can help me out or guide me with diagnosing the problem I would greatly appreciate it, Frank.M
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
sr******[email protected]
deepin
2018-07-03 03:25
Have same issue here, with TitanZ and 1080Ti. Building driver after switching fails, can not grab what is Error. Secure Boot is off. PopOs works perfectly on that machine.
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2018-07-03 06:12
Reply View the author
sr******[email protected]
deepin
2018-07-03 06:39
Blacklisting nouveau did the trick. Thanks!
Reply View the author
danygee
deepin
2018-08-20 23:50
Oscararg ,
I tried to follow your instructions, but after stopping lightdm service it cuts me completely off the console - cannot see anything. Looses video signal.
After todays update (15.7) my windows effects are gone and I'm trying to fix the issue.
Nouveau already blacklisted.
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2018-08-21 12:57
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/159438
Oscararg ,
I tried to follow your instructions, but after stopping lightdm service it cuts me comple ...

Full system upgrades are always an horror movie, had some problems too (didn't read that the Nvidia driver will be updated and said yes, so I ended having all all black screen, and some task with the console), solved that running sudo apt remove --purge *nvidia, yep, all Nvidia things, then, having the .run Nvidia file saved, re-installed it, now it works well. I suggest for you to do the same (I had another problem when reinstalling network manager, you know, black screen, only a terminal, a wifi dongle... Luckily I have an ethernet cable for those problems). Everything is right now. Simply purge the Nvidia things and re-install the driver from official page.
Reply View the author