How to delete downloaded system update files before they install?
Tofloor
poster avatar
pkalamula
deepin
2018-02-04 16:35
Author
My Deepin 15.4.1 downloaded system updates and tells me to restart for the updates to be installed.  When the systems finishes installing and reboots, it freezes on login screen. When I force the system to reboot it shown me that the updating process failed BUT the system update panel still shows there are some system files downloaded and ready to install.

I would like to find a way to delete these already downloaded system updates (as I think they are corrupt). I would like after that to download new  updates and try agian the update process. How can I delete these system updates before they install so that the system stops telling me that there are updates already downloaded and ready to install?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2018-02-04 20:21
The new deepin repair tool has an apt, dpkg repair section, you can use it to restore any problem with those apps. sudo apt install timeshift, new app on Deepin Store, useful if you want to prevent any problem in the system by having a backup file to restore everything.
Reply View the author
mrgao
deepin
2018-02-04 20:47
I suggest you use the u drive, format the hard drive where the deepin system is located. Then go to the official website to download the latest image, then install.
Reply View the author
nipos
deepin
2018-02-05 04:04
Run "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" to see which packages it wants to install.
When it asks you if you want to install,answer no.
Now you know the packages and can run "sudo apt-get hold packagename"
If you don't know which one caused the problem,do this for all in the list of the updates.
Reply View the author
pkalamula
deepin
2018-02-13 01:45
Thank you so much all for contributing your ideas here. Let me try one of the good suggestions one by one.
Reply View the author