Firefox Quantum does not open external link
Tofloor
poster avatar
josemarcos
deepin
2017-12-23 03:37
Author
Hello everyone.

I installed Firefox Quantum out of the Deepin store, since there was only Firefox in English. I unzipped and placed the icon on the menu, I also put it as the main app. But when I try to open external links or open an HTML file, it does not open, even appearing in the submenu. When I click Set Default Program. He does not appear. Then I click on Add other programs and I navigate to the folder and select it, it still does not open and another icon appears in the menu. See the image below:

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
josemarcos
deepin
2017-12-23 09:01
When I put Chrome as the main browser, it works correctly, only in Firefox that does not work.
Reply View the author
josemarcos
deepin
2017-12-23 11:33
Edited by josemarcos at 2017-12-23 03:37

I uninstalled the firefox quantum that I had installed manually and installed what is in the Deepin store. It seems that the external links are working, but I noticed that the firefox quantum of the store is outdated, because the version I had was 57.0.2 and the one of the store is 57.0. Why does this happen and why is it not updated as Mozilla releases the updates? I'm new to Linux and I can not understand that difference.
it's a little annoying that some programs work well only when we download from the store and these are outdated. It's like always feeling one step behind others.
Reply View the author
s***[email protected]
deepin
2017-12-23 16:34
Make sure that you have change Firefox Quantum on default Browser then check it out      - From Nepal
Reply View the author
海天鹰
deepin
2017-12-23 20:26
I am Chinese language, it has the same question.
Reply View the author
jamesmackerel
deepin
2017-12-23 23:19
this is a known bug.
Reply View the author