Is 5760*1080 supported in Deepin OS 15.5?
Tofloor
poster avatar
p2theg1
deepin
2017-12-03 09:21
Author
So I am currently still a Windows 10 user but I desperately want to switch to using Deepin OS, my problem is that with 15.4 I was not able to seamlessly use my triple screen 5760*1080 resolution display setup, so my question is: Does Deepin OS 15.5 support the use of triple monitors (5760*1080 resolution) on the desktop? Or is it possible to enable it so that it can be used without having to be setup every time I reboot my computer as that was the issue I was facing in the past with Deepin OS 15.

Thank you to anyone that can help me with this, I really want to use Deepin OS 15.5
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2017-12-03 13:11
     I have been using Deepin for years on my Quad Monitor Work Station.  Windows in the past was always good with multi monitors. Deepin by far is the best desktop environment available in my opinion.  I use 3 @ 1280*1024 + 1@ 1440*900  Deepin control center remembers my setup, though I do have to enable second video card first.  I used to use a script , but i prefer to  manually wait for the first card to sync before enable the second card.
       Many windows apps can be run on Deepin, because they have partnership with CodeWeavers CrossOver software. Sometimes I use Windows in a KVM/QEMU Virutual machine for things like IMO and STACK.
     There is no real answer to your question on Linux. I'm not sure what you mean by "not able to seamlessly use triple". It depends on your computer hardware, your video card hardware, if your using 2 cards or just 1 multicard , if your able to use xrandr, or if you have a more modern setup. And also depends what your doing, gaming, graphic design, etc. Deepin has been the best solution for me for a long time.

Reply View the author
p2theg1
deepin
2017-12-03 14:21
Would you be able to guide me in the right direction as to what I should do to setup my system to run my triple 1080p monitor setup using extended displays on Deepin OS 15.5, previously when I used 15.4 for 3 weeks I kept on having to use the Nvidia software driver to setup the display arrangement because there was no option in the DDE control centre menu for me to change, the only resolution option I had was a maximum of 1920*1080p, what I want to do is be able to switch over to using Deepin OS especially because of the Crossover and Wine support that's built in, my system specs are as follows: i5 6600k (@ Stock speeds), GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz Crucial RAM and an Asus Z170M Plus motherboard, I really want to as it h to Deepin OS but I honestly don't know who to ask for help and as someone who doesn't mind problem solving my last experience with multi monitor on Deepin was the only reason I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2017-12-03 16:48
Yes I could try guide you If using a using a open source driver might be able to use Xrandr. I'm not familiar with your hardware, or the latest Nvidia drivers. Deepin does have a new Graphics Driver Manager in the Deepin Store. The proprietary driver gives better performance on gaming or graphics design. For most every thing else the open source driver is fine and much easier to manage. Deepin is based on Debian and few months ago a Debian update changed the way the system recognizes my AMD/ATI graphics card's. My Nvidia system is only a dual monitor setup, so do not know if proprietary driver on a Triple monitor system can be managed by the latest Deepin control center or not.
You did not indicate if you want to use Nvidia ? if so what version number did you use before ?
Or do you want to use opensource driver ? Also need to upload output of xrandr -q on your terminal after installing Deepin 15.5
Reply View the author
p2theg1
deepin
2017-12-03 23:14
I would like to use the most current Nvidia proprietary driver if possible, but, I am happy to use an open source driver if it me and that it will solve my problems that I was having previously in Deepin 15.4, I will install Deepin 15.5 onto my spare dedicated hdd in about 12 hours time, once that's done I'll try both the open source and proprietary drivers to see if my problem has been resolved, thank you for offering your assistance, I greatly appreciate it
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2017-12-04 09:49
When using open source driver , might need to enter xrandr commands. The latest Nvidia driver that Deepin supports is 375.26. The latest from Nvidia long lived branch is 384.98
Reply View the author
p2theg1
deepin
2017-12-05 02:56
I have managed to setup my displays although the Deepin Control Centre still can't detect the third display despite the fact that Arandr can, also I'm using the Nvidia closed source driver installed via the Deepin graphics manager, another problem is that despite Arandr & Nvdia Xserver both detecting all three displays on boot two of my displays are always mirrored and when I load up Arandr I have to open up the profile I set before I restarted or shutdown my computer the previous time I used it, so I have to manually set the screens on every boot......Nvidia Xserver doesn't even seem to save the settings correctly, on boot the settings seem to be reset to default so I can't tell if it's Deepin OS overriding the Arandr/Nvidia settings or if there's more to it, either way Deepin still can't see all 3 displays, only 2 of them, and with the open source driver the whole system detects just the central display and not at it's native resolution, so I can't even use the open source driver because it only sees one display, as a note the two displays that either mirror or otherwise have issues both use Display Port to HDMI adapters whereas the single centre monitor is working off DVI-D, is it possible that the Display Port Adapters are causing my problems? On a completely different subject is it possible to run games that use DX10 or DX11 on linux either via KVE/QEMU or via Crossover/WINE/PlayOnLinux?
Reply View the author
p2theg1
deepin
2017-12-05 03:02
I have just removed one of the Display Port Adapters and used a HDMI port instead and I have managed to get Deepin Control Centre to recognise 3 separate displays, now that's no longer an issue for me I would greatly appreciate support with setting up Deepin OS further, I'm a noob to linux in many ways and so I would benefit from a few tips and tricks, especially gaming on linux using games that need DX10 or DX11 or even DX12 (If that's even possible), the main game I want to run is Assetto Corsa which is a Steam game that is based on DX10, Thanks again
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2017-12-05 07:49
Glad to help, That's good you made some progress. I would suggest starting a new post on other topics. So your post can be seen by members that do use Steam and other games.
Reply View the author
182******97
deepin
2017-12-05 09:35
sorry,wo mei xiang dao ni de xu qiu you zhe me gao
Reply View the author