Sony Vaio Fit 14 keyboard no longer lights up
Tofloor
poster avatar
darlei000
deepin
2017-09-01 17:04
Author
I have a Sony Vaio fit 14 with illuminated keyboard. However with the installation of Deepin the keyboard does not 'turn on' more the lighting.

Making it clear that I love deepin and it was the only distro that made me abandon Windows.

I just wanted the keyboard to come back to acerder haha

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-02 00:34
Open terminal and write:

xset led on
xset led off

Reply View the author
darlei000
deepin
2017-09-02 10:27
I did and it did not work buddy

Would not driver issue perhaps?
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-02 17:28
Can you tell me which driver use your keyboard on Windows? most pcs and laptops use the generic one, if you have something different, or if you have a "lights manager" driver like razer laptops for example, it could be the reason.
Reply View the author
darlei000
deepin
2017-09-02 20:43
It worked when I pressed a key and stayed for a few seconds and hung up. I do not understand the reason it seems that it worked until then automatically. Because I was formatting for other versions of Windows and it worked even with formatted HD, do you understand me? After Deepin's installation he stopped.

And citing also that I updated the firmware by Vaio Update, should be this too: /
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-03 03:19
Some options for you to test... haha...
Option one: Try using xset led 1, xset led 2... till 32, because xset maybe gave another number to your keyboard.
Option two: go to SourceForge and download "vaio-control-center", thats the same utility you use on Windows. You must download it anyways.
Open a terminal
cd ~/Downloads
mkdir ~/.VCC
mv vaio-control-center-0.1.tar.bz2 ~/.VCC
cd ~/.VCC
tar -xjvf vaio-control-center-0.1.tar.bz2
make -j12
chmod +x vaio-control-center
./vaio-control-center

If it doesn't installs, check if you have qt4-qmake installed, necessary to run the app.
Option Three: Type echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/kbd_backlight to force turning on the lights and the same command but with echo 0 to turn it off. If you had to come to this option, and you want to enable light automaticaly at start up, open the terminal, type sudo gedit /etc/rc.local and put the same command words (the echo 1 command) in a line before exit 0 phrase.
Reply View the author
darlei000
deepin
2017-09-03 21:15
You helped me a lot! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

The command: echo 1 | sudo tee / sys / devices / platform / sony-laptop / kbd_backlight
solved

Thanks for the great help!
Reply View the author
darlei000
deepin
2017-09-03 21:16
Please add on Facebook?
Reply View the author
oscararg
deepin
2017-09-04 00:51
I only use facebook for personal things, but if you need help again don't doubt on sending private to me here on Deepin.
Reply View the author