deepin 15.4 on MacBookPro 6,2
Tofloor
poster avatar
hackan301
deepin
2017-06-18 21:34
Author
Stumbled upon deepin and gave it a go on my MacBook Pro - It runs fairly good but with a couple of annoying issues:

1)
I cannot change ctrl/win behaviour. I want to map ctrl to cmd to keep using macOS-keybaord shortcuts.

2)
I cannot change display brightness. There's a notification showing brightness change, but the actual brightness stays the same. In /sys/class/backlight/ I have gmux, intel and nouveau.

When I use the brightness up/down -keys the value in /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness is being changed, but not the actual screen brightness. However, when I alter the value in /sys/class/backlight/gmux_backlight/brightness the display brightness change accordingly.

I have tried with local.rc and with varius xorg.org files and grub commands... Nothing has any positive effect. In fact whenever I use a xorg.org file I don't even get to the login screen, it just stops and I end up going into tty2 and removing the xorg and rebooting.

- I have also tried to use nvidia instead of nouveau, but that is just a disaster. Black screen, unable to do any recovery and I end up reinstalling deepin, haha :-D

3)
When I connect an external display the desktop behaves as if there now are two screens, which is correct, but I don't get any signal to the external display.

These things, of course, works with other distros... But I'd like to get these working on deepin - because it is a pretty nice distro otherwise :-)

So any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

/hackan

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
jingle
deepin
2017-06-18 23:06
Reply View the author
sensey
deepin
2019-03-27 10:57
you can find a solution here:
https://github.com/AlexWoroschilow/GmuxBacklight

you can install pre-built deb package or build it from the source code
Reply View the author
hkirsman
deepin
2019-04-08 11:32
Created also package on Arch AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gmuxbacklight-git/ Fixed my MacBook Pro 2015 retina backligh keys on Manjaro. Tx, mate!
Reply View the author
hkirsman
deepin
2019-04-08 11:35
Should we have some better description for the package? Something that would hint it fixed MacBook?
Reply View the author