Drag & Drop support?
Tofloor
poster avatar
serenase
deepin
2016-10-23 03:27
Author
Why isn´t there any? Dropping files from file manager to docked apps? In all windows mode? New dock window preview? It´s quite basic function and matters a lot for a workflow and it´s totally missing in Deepin...
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
horvan
deepin
2016-10-24 03:16
Edited by horvan at 2016-10-23 12:34

Well where is the problem Drag and drop to dock icons works well!
A window preview is a design desission, that comes with costs of ram. for every instance.

Do you remember how slow windows  vista was when you have enabled this feature. In my opinion dont by lazy. If you like to know wahts in a program minimized to the dock. maximize it!

For anything else good or may be steve jobs has invented push notifications and in linux push notifications are possible for almost every event. So why should anyone spent ram for silly features like app-window-previews.

The only thing I could imagine is that it may look good and you can tell the markiting people you have something new.

Sorry we're some years behind that.
By the way. Compitz can do these kind of windows previews. and Compiz is abandoned now

Sit back and think about that what may be the reasons to decide to stop developing it?

May be ram cnsumptioon among others of course.

Reply View the author
serenase
deepin
2016-10-24 04:10
Edited by serenase at 2016-10-24 00:09

First of all, I don´t remember how slow Vista was since I changed to Linux from XP. Did I complain new windows preview? As it IS there, so just said that drag and drop would be nice addition example for file manager windows. It would be more handy than nautilus tabs or even split screen 'cos you could close them with one click when no needed anymore. Got drag and drop feature working by installing file manager again, thank you for pointing that out. Still stuck with the Nautilus for now tho, before Deepin file manager handles image raw (.DNG) thumbnails, at least I haven´t got them work yet. Rest of your rant... Oh well, I leave it here.
Reply View the author