Impossible to enter WiFi password
Tofloor
poster avatar
pawelx
deepin
2016-09-06 09:34
Author
I've just tried Manjaro Deepin 16.08 and I've experienced the following issue with the wifi management:
I haven't been able to connect to the wifi network. As in the previous edition it's impossible to enter the password directly from the tray icon - it just tries to connect without asking for the password (I guess it's a Deepin design flaw). But this time I wasn't even able to enter the password in the settings panel. Whether I click on the network name or on the arrow to the right, it just seems to want to connect without asking for the password. I managed to get the password prompt just once, but unfortunately I clicked on the wrong network so that didn't work. Then I tried multiple times to get to the password prompt, without any success.
This seems to be an issue with Deepin DE rather than Manjaro, perhaps somehow related to the recent issues with the Network Manager.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-09-06 10:32
Have you rebooted and tried to connect--doubtful, but might help? Do you have a wifi adapter/dongle you could try? Can you reboot /turn off/on your router? These are long shots but worth a try. On the Manjaro forum is there anyone there with a similar problem? Good luck.
Reply View the author