No US - NY/Canada Time-zone on Deepin Linux
Tofloor
poster avatar
zanegate
deepin
2016-08-30 17:49
Author
I'm lookint for US - NY/Canada EST time-zone within the Deepin Linux system but I don't see it. Why? I only see Bogota, Lima, NY. I don't know what any of that means. That's not in NY or part of it. Is there any way to change this? I don't see my option in Deepin so I had to turn auto-sync off and do it manually.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-08-30 18:42
Hi. If you look on a world time zone map, you will see that NY, Bogota, and Lima are all in the same time zone. But daylight savings time throws a wrench into the works. I'm near Los Angeles California, but there is no option for it in the Deepin time settings. So I must use Baja, California , which is in Mexico but has the same time as Los Angeles. Because most US states have daylight savings time, when it is 8pm in Bogota and Lima it is 9pm in New York. Weird stuff.
Reply View the author
bobo
deepin
2016-08-31 10:48
Edited by bobo at 2016-8-31 02:51

I had this problem about daytime saving before. I use Bogota, Lima, and New York time zone. It was one hour behind the time. However, it is fixed after I reinstalled Deepin a month ago. I have no idea about what's happened.

Try to test it in a new account. It might be helpful as I deleted a lot of config files from other distro. in home directory when I reinstalled it.
Reply View the author