Updates/Huawei 3G dongles and Security risk (login screen)
Tofloor
poster avatar
brastax
deepin
2016-08-18 12:09
Author
1. I love the OS..and I'm a beginner in Linux (Deepin)

2. I am disappointed with the time it takes to do updates.. Update total size to be downloaded is 539Mb. It's been updating for over 5 hours now and the issue is not my line. I have a 30Mbps line. I have downloaded a 1.86GB movie and it took less than 10 minutes.  

3. 3G dongle(Huawei modem) is also not working.. it just says its plugged in under networks and below that its telling me Restore connection.. no other options to setup a dial-up connection

4. Lastly, I now and then notice that when I'm in a login screen I can press Alt + Tab and could see what is left running and at times it allows me to switch to the Apps without the password prompt ------ Security risk.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
stevex
deepin
2016-08-18 12:44
Hi. Just wanted to comment on the update speed. In case you do not already know, you can change your download mirrors by moving your cursor to the bottom right corner of screen to bring up setting and then go to System information, where you will be able to see the speeds of the available mirrors by clicking the gear icon and switch. If you have not done so, you can update through the terminal, which is sometimes the fastest way ( sudo apt-get update). Reboot before you update through terminal. Good luck.
Reply View the author