No SPDIF Audio
Tofloor
poster avatar
xolotl
deepin
2016-05-11 01:18
Author
Hi everyone, I'm excited to make my new home here on Deepin but have encountered a number of issues I need ironed out before I can use it as my daily driver.

I have no audio via my motherboard's (Asus Z97) optical SPDIF output when I turn my system on. In 'Advanced Audio Settings' output ports show 'Line Out' and 'Headphones' for 'Built in Analog Setero'. There is no option for 'SPDIF'. How can I make it so I get sound through my SPDIF to Logitech 5.1 set up?

--- End of Question ---
P.S
Audio does work if I manually go in to the terminal, alsamixer, change the sound card and unmute SPDIF. I'm sure there is a better fix though, so I can hear audio each time I log in to Deepin.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-05-11 04:09
Hi, if you have installed the latest updates I would suggest using Deepin User Feedback in your applications to report this issue. My sound card shows up okay in Advanced audio settings but it is a older card. You could also check the Debian forums for a possible solution.
Reply View the author
xolotl
deepin
2016-09-22 03:06
Happy to report that Deepin listened and is the first OS I know of to function correctly with my speakers. Deepin 15.3 has a SPDIF option that works perfectly. Thank you.
Reply View the author
we******[email protected]
deepin
2022-09-07 20:58
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.
o***[email protected]
deepin
2023-04-10 07:16
The user is banned, and the content is hidden.