[Feedback] Impossible to change keyboard layout at logon menu.
Tofloor
poster avatar
hamsta
deepin
2016-04-15 04:37
Author
Impossible to change keyboard layout at logon menu. So  it's not a problem when you start the computer (of course if your password in the default language). But if you change key layout during a work from EN to another and go to hibernation you won't be able to log on to the system again. And you will have to turn the PC off  from the button to make a reboot.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-04-15 11:22
Hi, I think you mean suspend rather than hibernate ,but both probable the same. In your Deepin Control Center ther is settings for Suspend in Power Management.
You can also use Deepin User Feedback in your applications to report this feedback.
Reply View the author
hamsta
deepin
2016-04-15 15:14
Edited by hamsta at 2016-4-15 07:16

I know that I can turn the wakeup password off. But I think it's important issue, so I did the feedback It's mostly dedicated to developers.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-04-15 15:20
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30952
I know that I can turn the wakeup password off. But I think it's important issue, so I did the feedb ...

Thank you hamsta for reporting this issue.
Reply View the author
ragnor
deepin
2016-07-29 22:44
A similar problem. Plus, because of this, I have a problem happened during a violent reboot. - Cannot open access to console, the root account is locked. See sulogin (8) man page for more details.
I solved a problem only with the help of fsck -r /dev/sda* in safe mode with the installation image from a flash drive.
Reply View the author
linkstat
deepin
2016-08-04 00:23
This is a problem with Deepin: the keyboard layout management.
The workarounds that I found to fix it was some of the nexts:
install xkb and console-data:
  1. sudo aptitude install kbd console-data
Copy the Code

and always you can dpk-reconfigure console-data (this fix the issue in a pure text console. As well, give you more rich options related to font and resolution under text mode

Other option is manual editing of user config in AccountService
  1. sudo nano /var/lib/AccountsService/users/username
Copy the Code

The two related / interesting lines are:
  1. Layout=es;
  2. HistoryLayout=es\;;
Copy the Code

You can manually change them, and then restart lightdm:
  1. sudo systemctl restart lightdm
Copy the Code

Very usefull when you can not login with your user account for a keyboard layout changing... (but for it make sense, you need a standard (weak) root password).

Greetings!
Reply View the author