Having great pfs drops in dota 2, sauerbraten.
Tofloor
poster avatar
zor1984qq
deepin
2016-04-14 11:00
Author
Edited by zor1984qq at 2016-4-14 03:17

For unknown reason I have lag spikes no matter if I use vsync on or off as option enabled in my two lovelly games it is dota 2 and sauerbraten (Cube engine).
I have nvidia asus engtx580 DCII 1536Mb with nvidia binary driver installed and q9xxx S775 old quad core processor with installed intel microcode with the help of ported/cared "driver manager" from Ubuntu distro.
Please advice me to how fix these issue. Cause I can't play my games with such sluttering.

Despite I having other bug but with tearing when vsync enabled on such systems like opensuse leap 42.1 kde and manjaro 15.10 kde but the tearing bug is from other "kwin" story and such display managers which doesn't support native vsync option through nvidia binary driver.

As far as I know these bug is recently fighted over whole bunch of desktop environments cause of nvidia binary driver blob.

OTOH Nouveau still not an option for me cause it hangs, lacks of reclocking feature implemented for my fermi gtx580 card and simply can't outperform binary blob in many terms.

I hope the developers team adjust to my posts and look at them and hopefully in future releases of Deepin it would be adressed.

In the meantime sadly I have no options but to stick with soon released Ubuntu 16.04 LTS cause it has no problems with compiz + games performance. I mean I even played there GOG Shadow Warriow and GOG Wasteland 2 without any lag spikes or tearing such happens in other majority of distributions which I recently test on demand at last half of the year or so.
Thats it. I am sick and tired of nvidia problems but I can't afford to replace it and there is not much ways that I can replace it by another card since it is old socket 775 intel platform which is lacks of CPU's with integrated graphics. So if I go for replacing it for AMD card its clearly not a way to open source operating system and just forces to windows...and thats no way for me cause I use Linux and PC-BSD for quite far long, almost more then 1 year in time. Conslusion here is that AMD and switching to other VGA card is not an option too.
Thank you, hope you understand. Cause lag spikes or tearing with vsync for me.....its just a game stopper.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-04-14 11:26
I am not sure the cause of your bottleneck. You could try using Deepin User Feedback in your applications and they will analyze your system information. And respond if you provide an email address.
Also you may want to see this post here regarding Deepin's up-and-comming new Linux Kernel Plan.

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30883
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-04-14 11:56
I would first try Deepin's driver manger in your applications and use there intel microcode instead of a ported microcode.
Are you using a single montior or dual monitors ? And which output from your video card are you using ?
Reply View the author