After system update multi monitor setup does not work properly
Tofloor
poster avatar
gernot
deepin
2016-03-20 06:19
Author
Hello, I run last night  ---sudo apt-get dist-upgrade--- to put my system up to date. After reboot the Deepin Dock does not stick any longer to the buttom of the monitor (see attached image). I tried every possible setup in the monitor settings dialog... the outcame is similar and the only case in which the Dock sticks to the bottom is when I disconnect the second monitor. As well the launcher does not appear on the correct screen. Any suggestions ?

[attach]10380[/attach]

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-03-20 07:09
Are you using a proprietary graphics driver ? Have you tried right clicking the dock and select keep hidden ?
Reply View the author
gernot
deepin
2016-03-20 07:44
Hello, as far as I know there is no special driver installed. I have a standart Dell Laptop. When I select keep hidden ...  the Dock moves dwon to the correct place, if I put back keep showing it moves back to the middle of thr screen. I might use the system with the Dock hidden .... though .. I prefer to have the Dock visible at all times as I switch between open apps all the time.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-03-20 07:53
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30867
Hello, as far as I know there is no special driver installed. I have a standart Dell Laptop. When I  ...

For now maybe you can get by with hidden but I suggest using Deepin User Feedback in your applications to report this bug and send them that screenshot.
Reply View the author
gernot
deepin
2016-03-20 07:54
Hello, it seems that hide auomatically as well moves the Dock back down to the bottom where it belongs ... I could work with that setup without sacrifying productivy. In the hidden mode el delay until the dock shows up is too long for my workstyle. Thank you for the hint..
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-03-20 08:01
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30867
Hello, it seems that hide auomatically as well moves the Dock back down to the bottom where it belon ...

Your welcome , I prefer the smart hide mode my self but did not know if that would be a work around for the bug your experiencing.
Reply View the author