Deepin 15.1.1
Tofloor
poster avatar
moomin74
deepin
2016-03-12 04:36
Author
So I have done a fresh install of Deepin 15.1.1 and I cannot download anything from the software centre. Wifi is working fine, but I can't install any software. The update section under the control centre doesn't seem to be doing anything either. (I have tried switching mirrors but nothing). Am I missing something?
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
com_bvv
deepin
2016-03-12 08:20
Edited by com_bvv at 2016-3-12 00:23

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
edit as in the screenshot next: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
Good Luck!
Reply View the author
a***[email protected]
deepin
2016-03-15 08:07
Muchas Gracias
Reply View the author
makkon
deepin
2016-03-15 10:27
com_bvv ,
Please, put all the codes in the text.
  1. images for blondes
Copy the Code

Еxcuse me. Good luck
Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-03-15 10:52
Edited by savanweylyn at 2016-3-14 19:54
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30831
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
edit as in the screenshot next: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get ...

If i were you, i would not recommend others to use sudo with a windowed application like gedit. Instead of sudo gedit i'd recommend using sudo nano/vim (or whatever you have) or gksu gedit, because sudo gedit can really mess up your system and for exmple could cause a login loop (and that's never a good thing).
Reply View the author
moomin74
deepin
2016-03-15 12:15
Ok I have edited the sources.list but it hasn't made any difference, I can't install any software and the updates don't work at all. When I try to do the update via terminal, all I get is:

: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/

Reply View the author
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-03-15 12:59
Ok I have edited the sources.list but it hasn't made any difference, I can't install any software an ...

Reboot your system. It seems like something runs as root and prevents you from updating the system. Check Control center > System Information > Updates. If the round rotates, it means the system itself tries to update packages list(s). It will stop after some time, but if you reboot, it will stop and allow you to use sudo apt-get update. A log out > log in  won't be enough.
Reply View the author
moomin74
deepin
2016-03-15 14:03
Ok this seems to be working. After I have done the update will I then be able to update the system normally from the control centre?
Reply View the author
qinyang
deepin
2016-03-15 23:57
Ok this seems to be working. After I have done the update will I then be able to update the system n ...

I had the same problem, and I guessed that "lock" file is something created if you started upgrading but then aborted, so I deleted that file and then everything works perfectly. But I am no experts, so if you are gonna try, make a backup first.
Reply View the author
claireura
deepin
2016-03-16 18:39
Edited by claireura at 2016-3-16 10:40

I just updated myself to March 10th using the japanese repo. South Africa's SAIX seems to have a repo from 4 days ago, but I get a timeout there.

About the lock- I do the same. Works everytime!
UPDATE: I can update to march 13 via SAIX thru terminal.
Reply View the author