Strange dependency issues
Tofloor
poster avatar
savanweylyn
deepin
2016-02-21 14:40
Author
Hi!

I'm triing to install some software (PlayOnLinux, Pipelight, Crossover) recently, but every try ends up with the same dependency issue: nothing's gonna be installed, nothing's gonna be updated and everything's gonna be removed that is part of the Deepin Desktop Environment or in such cases: nothing's gonna removed that's part of the Deepin Desktop Environment but almost everything's gonna be removed. Or a really funny thing: completly remove everything that can be removed AND do not install anything.
Here are some examples:

Note: I don't want to do a clean install again until i absolutly don't have any other chance.

PS.: I could install PlayOnLinux at 19th February 2016 GMT +1, but unable to install it at 20th February 2016 GMT +1, from the same source.
PPS.: I used the German ([DE] University of Erlangen-Nuremberg) mirror (that was the fastest for me), but to make sure it's not mirror-related, I switched to a Chinese
([CN] USTC) mirror, but nothing changed.
PPPS: I also tried to add cdn.packages.deepin.com/deepin unstable main contrib non-free to a new .list file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d (just to see what happens), but it didn't changed anything. It's still there, but has benn commented by me.

Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-02-21 15:17
This link here shows the recommended way of switching your mirrors with the Deepin 15.1

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30636
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-02-21 18:06
I suspect that you have multiple problems. I and the real issue is how to clean up your system. so that you can install these packages.
This was most likely caused by the method you used to install wine-staging or pipelight.
On my system I use a separate root partition in case I need to reinstall.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-02-22 01:40
There is some interesting read here at this link regarding APT troubleshooting.

http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/debianproblem.htm
Reply View the author