Mirror Switching Methods Of deepin 15
Tofloor
poster avatar
cxbii
deepin
2015-12-30 23:36
Author
Hello everyone:The mirror switching function in deepin 15 has been moved to Control Center, and many users still confused, so we open a post for the switching methods.

Method One
Run Control Center - System Information - Settings - Update server (Change), select your favorite mirror.

Method Two
Manually modify (Please do not modify if you can not know the danger well), execute the following command in terminal:
  1. sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Copy the Code

Mirror list needs to be refreshed after modified and saved, execute the following command in terminal:
  1. sudo apt-get update
Copy the Code

FAQ
1. Why is the mirror switching function so hidden?
Because there is already a CND acceleration function of our mirrors, and we can update the system in full speed by it if there is no special circumstances. Therefore we hide the less frequently used function.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
dance707
deepin
2016-01-06 11:41
Todays patches and updates took over 3 hours to download. And I have high speed connection.
I tried Method One before and it does not seem to change any thing. Method One I select usa mirrors and nothing changes in sources.list,
and the speed is still slow on updates about 25 kbps
Please advise
Reply View the author
zhainhart
deepin
2016-01-06 21:46
yeah, i also have same experience
downloading from official repo just got 25kbps
i switch manually to community repo (id, jpd, taiwan) always got 404 error.

please advice

Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-06 22:24
https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30503
yeah, i also have same experience
downloading from official repo just got 25kbps
i switch manually t ...

Yes I tried switching manually to the community mirror Deepin 14 selects, but that gave me 404 error also.
Reply View the author
iwanbazz
deepin
2016-01-07 00:08
Edited by iwanbazz at 2016-1-6 16:10

i have same problem too
i've tried to switch from wifi to lan then repeat the update but still got slow
already check by switch over many isp download update still got 40kbps at max
maybe the problem is bandwitdh from repo server that have limit connection/less speed
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-07 00:25
Obviously something is not right about the function of there mirrors right now. At first I thought I was the only one.
Then I found this post and tried to switch mirrors with method one and method two . Neither method seems to be working.
Reply View the author
m***[email protected]
deepin
2016-01-07 01:36
Hi, guys sorry but I think CND acceleration function of your mirror doesn't work.
Please, provide a tool to speed-test (like Speedtest.net) your Official mirror....
You need to clone your Official mirror with:
- 1 official Mirror to Europe
- 1 Official Mirror to USA
This is the only way to spread upgrades worldwide with a "decent" speed..
Reply View the author
zhainhart
deepin
2016-01-07 02:14
so, as a normal user, what should we do to resolv this problem ?

thanks
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-07 05:58
I think its called CDN acceleration, stands for Content delivery network. I hope they get this fixed

Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-08 01:25
Looks to me like if you chose method one it changes 99mirrors.conf , so maybe they using a modified apt ?
Reply View the author
m***[email protected]
deepin
2016-01-08 13:15
Hi, guys sorry but I think CND acceleration function of your mirror doesn't work.
Please, provide a  ...

I already changed it to Italian or German mirror (faster for european users)..But to upgrade the system is too slow!
Reply View the author
linux4unme
deepin
2016-01-09 05:43
Edited by linux4unme at 2016-1-8 21:46

Hi everyone. I have made a video explaining what I did to switch mirrors in Deepin OS 15. Consider it a workaround until they fix the mirror switching feature in the control center which does nothing at this point.
Please read the video description very carefully before going ahead and doing it as not all the mirrors are synced with the current debian based deepin release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFMZCNle7Bo

have fun.

kaddy.
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-09 12:04
Hi everyone. I have made a video explaining what I did to switch mirrors in Deepin OS 15. Consider i ...

The control center changes /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99mirrors.conf
why would they be doing that ?
Is it a modified apt they using for CDN acceleration ?
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-18 09:16
Method Two does work if you can find a mirror thats setup for Deepin 15. So far only been able to find a mirror in UK and Japan but none in USA that work yet.
Reply View the author
rupy2009
deepin
2016-01-18 17:16
apart from that i also find browsing the internet to be slower that when am on other distros... has the problem of the mirrors been worsen by the network driver?
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-01-18 17:56
Edited by dance707 at 2016-1-17 20:11
apart from that i also find browsing the internet to be slower that when am on other distros... has  ...

I have not experienced that issue. Sometimes the system is slightly sluggish or unresponsive even on media player. If there was a network driver problem that might show up on a internet test. I am getting excellent results on a standard tests..Some users have reported wireless driver problems.

In my opinion the main issue is this new CDN acceleration for Deepin 15  is not functioning properly. And very few community repositories have switched over to Deepin 15 from Deepin 14.
Reply View the author
makkon
deepin
2016-02-19 21:30
Welcome. Fixed this problem:
> In the sources mirrors  have for Deepin Russia Yandex Linux mirror  
> But no repository Deepin 15

Now presents  repository Deepin 15 - very good speed!
Please add Deepin Russia Yandex Linux mirror  for
mirror switching function to Control Center   .
Thanks for your understanding and support!
Reply View the author
dance707
deepin
2016-02-20 00:02
The current mirror information is now at this thread :

https://bbs.deepin.org/post/30636
Reply View the author