Brightness
Tofloor
poster avatar
ghostv33
deepin
2015-12-05 10:29
Author
plz help i installed Deepin Os 2014.3 then updated it to latest but it seems the brightness buttons works and the popup shows the slider but the brightness doesn't change maybe because of this my laptop gets hot when I run deepin my laptop is Acer v5-471p and i have windows in my sda1 not sda2 but grub shows sda1 and sda2 as windows8 loader
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
eric52
deepin
2015-12-05 12:40
Too high a screen resolution can tax the system leading to overheating, but screen brightness will only affect your eyes. I don't use anything but desktops, so I'm afraid I can't comment specifically on your machine. It could be that your screen brightness is controlled by a mechanical dial that software won't override. The next thing to consider is what renders your graphics and what driver deepin is using to control it. Google your machine specs and Ubuntu for recommendations. If your laptop is getting hot, I would lower the resolution or use Windows for research. As to the drive names, grub may be recognizing a Windows recovery partition installed by Acer.
Reply View the author
ghostv33
deepin
2015-12-05 23:38
In other distros I can change the brightness but in deepin i cant seem to change it and because I cant change the brightness its stuck at full my laptop battery gets to 0 in less than 1hr for this mayb my gpu isnt detected
Reply View the author
dailidu
deepin
2015-12-06 22:04
If your are using Deepin 2014, try this post
http://askubuntu.com/questions/4 ... grade-on-thinkpad-l
Reply View the author
mikaere66
deepin
2015-12-25 06:10
I have an Acer laptop, and to get the brightness keys working with any distro, I need to add these two options to grub: acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor
e.g. GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor"
Reply View the author