sudden crash due to over heating
Tofloor
poster avatar
amitchouksey
deepin
2015-10-10 06:40
Author
I have installed deepin Lenovo T410 and have been using the nvidia drivers. what I have noticed it sometimes (specially when I watch video) laptop crashes saying "its shutting down due to over heating".

can anyone please help me resolving this. Thanks in advance.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
JLey
deepin
2015-10-10 07:40
Have you had this issue with any other distro?  Do you think your swap space could be part of the problem?  Have you considered a cooling pad for the laptop?

Just random ideas
Reply View the author
amitchouksey
deepin
2015-10-10 07:46
Thanks for the response. I had windows in this laptop earlier and never had any such issues. Haven't tried another distro yet. how do i find out if the swap space is creating the trouble?
Reply View the author
JLey
deepin
2015-10-10 12:23
I'd have to suggest you talk with much more experienced users than myself for that.  I e-mail questions to DoorToDoorGeek from Podnutz sometimes.  His e-mail is [email protected].  He's a great resource, even if you only listen to his podcast "Linux for the Rest of Us."

I know NVidia and ATI can cause issues with linux distros, though.  It's normal, from what I understand.  Sorry I can't be of more assistance.  If you get the answer, could you share with the community?
Reply View the author
amitchouksey
deepin
2015-10-10 20:00
Thanks JLey, your efforts to help are really appreciated.
Reply View the author