Kingsoft vs. Libre, Software decision
Tofloor
poster avatar
corEr
deepin
2014-05-08 09:48
Author
Oh, I know your meaning. You want to custom the pre installed packages, right? Just like the RH-based distros such as centos, fedora, etc?
Maybe it's a good idea. But ubuntu based distros have little options about custom packages. It might consideration for reducing steps of installation. I will ask deepin team if it is possible to add more custom options to installer.

yeah thats what I meant. Since the installer is completely rewritten I thought that might be possible. I do not no how that works on Debian/ Ubuntu based distros though. Just saw that recently when I installed Arch and Fedora and thought that would be good.

I know though they already have a lot to do to keep the release date.

Regards,

corEr
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
corEr
deepin
2014-05-06 13:17
Hey everyone,

I was thinking whether it might be possible to let the user decide which to install during system installation. So you don't have to install chrome/ firefox, kingsoft/libreoffice at the same time.
(Gaming Center as well).

If it is some kind of cooperation thing just ignore the little me .

Regards,

corEr
Reply View the author
188******76
deepin
2014-05-06 17:45
Hey everyone,

I was thinking whether it might be possible to let the user decide which to install during system installation. So you don't have to install chrome/ firefox, kingsoft/libreoffice at the same time.
(Gaming Center as well).

If it is some kind of cooperation thing just ignore the little me .

Regards,

corEr
it seems not a bit work for this 30-person-team. they have too much more important things to do. :roll:
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-05-06 18:10
Deepin is designed to be a out - of - the - box distro like LinuxMint. People who use deepin can cost less time to customize it. It's easy to use. If someone doesn't like the default software, he/she can easy uninstall and use another software.
Reply View the author
corEr
deepin
2014-05-07 13:44
@ deutsche of course they have, was more a question of whether it ever will be integrated and if it might be good idea to do so
@abcfy2 I see your point, but in case of kingsoft which is only available on chinese and english, your argument doesn't work.

@@ deutsche, answered you on G+, you never answered ;)

Regards,

corEr
Reply View the author
Feng Yu
deepin
2014-05-07 22:05
@ deutsche of course they have, was more a question of whether it ever will be integrated and if it might be good idea to do so
@abcfy2 I see your point, but in case of kingsoft which is only available on chinese and english, your argument doesn't work.

Regards,

corEr
Oh, I know your meaning. You want to custom the pre installed packages, right? Just like the RH-based distros such as centos, fedora, etc?
Maybe it's a good idea. But ubuntu based distros have little options about custom packages. It might consideration for reducing steps of installation. I will ask deepin team if it is possible to add more custom options to installer.
Reply View the author
188******76
deepin
2014-05-08 02:24

Regards,

corEr
Entschuldigung, i will check, but sometimes users in china have no access to g+
Reply View the author
Colbane
deepin
2014-05-15 09:19
I prefer Kingsoft Office.  If they can only do one, I hope it will remain Kingsoft.
Reply View the author
omelette
deepin
2014-05-28 15:43
Kingsoft looked like a really slick package.  However since I've been using Libre from the beginning, I removed Kingsoft - mostly 'cos each time it upgraded, it was a 100+ meg download.  My only other criticism would be that it does not support that many text-formats.
Reply View the author
ltofuy
deepin
2014-06-18 02:02
It seemd that kingsoft fits much more with Chineses.......but the beta or alpha lose some kits to draw figures= =............
Reply View the author
usen68
deepin
2014-06-19 05:16
I like WPS office.But libreoffice is't pop in china.
Reply View the author