preferred QQ Client
Tofloor
poster avatar
bunticlick
deepin
2012-01-20 08:28
Author
Hi,
having to install and maintain computers with chinese input and communications capabilitys i wonder if there is a simple method to use QQ with deepin. There are several topics in chinese but unfortunatly i can't read chinese (google tranlate is no real help). WebQQ3 seems to be almost not reachable from germany - lot's of timeouts and network errors. My wife is constantly nagging about the need for QQ with chinese relatives but does not understand operating systems and technical problems so even with tutorials she can't help herself, nor translate the howto's for me.
Reply Favorite View the author
All Replies
janpylx
deepin
2012-01-20 21:13
Hi,
did you use a virtual machine?
Actually, I always use webQQ because I am in China where there are no timeouts and network errors in webQQ when I use Linux. And if you preferr QQ Client, I recommend you use a virtual machine with Windows( or use Windows directly ) as there are some bugs no matter QQ for Linux or QQ with wine which still can done the basic functions. So, any needs? a translated howto's for you?
Reply View the author
janpylx
deepin
2012-01-20 21:35
And I now remember something such as you can just search for "deepinwine" in Deepin Sofeware Center( you can not search for "deepinwine-qq" because I tried it and there are some wrong ) and you will see qq2009 and qq2010 which the team of Deep Linux had optimized. Then just install it.
Reply View the author
TheSecondDeath
deepin
2012-01-27 19:01
janpylx,You're right, I was taught
Reply View the author
Shrapnel
deepin
2012-06-17 00:42
Hey all I am new! The web.qq is only in chinese and may get some trouble while loading so I want to ask if we can run the QQ International in Linux Deepin? I really think linux deepin should make a QQ integrated linux app so that people are more comfortable cause lot of people in china mainland use QQ. I will try the QQ 2009 in the software center and hope it works. thanks all...
Reply View the author
linxihui
deepin
2012-07-01 22:06
Hey all I am new! The web.qq is only in chinese and may get some trouble while loading so I want to ask if we can run the QQ International in Linux Deepin? I really think linux deepin should make a QQ integrated linux app so that people are more comfortable cause lot of people in china mainland use QQ. I will try the QQ 2009 in the software center and hope it works. thanks all...

Hi, first the QQ protocol is indeed not of open source, but there is someone online has found out part of the protocol and made a QQ 2010 protocol for pidgin, and posted on google-code.  However, it only supports text message, not voice or video chat. What's more, the support for QQ group is kind of poor.  In a word, it just meets basic use. If you like, you can google it.

Secondly, you can indeed wine the QQ-international 2009, it works pretty good.  However, there of course are some bugs, such as the crash of the software when you click the password field, and no video or voice chat as you may expect.  To avoid the crash, you can use the virtual keyboard by the password field to enter your password.  Before clicking log on, remember to check the options, remember password and log on automatically.

Hope it helps. Cheers!
Reply View the author